Skip to Navigation

FREE Business Update

Our People


Almost a million savers benefit from Help to Buy ISA

The Help to Buy ISA has helped more than 960,000 people save towards buying their own home, according to the latest government figures.

The scheme, which was launched in December 2015, has helped 240,000 first-time buyers get on the property ladder.

The Help to Buy ISA allows individuals to save up to £200 a month, with a potential government bonus of up to £3,000 on offer. A...

Read more

Queen’s Speech 2017: key announcements

The Queen has announced the government legislation for the next 2 years as the UK prepares to leave the European Union (EU).

Legislation to deliver Brexit dominated the plans of the minority government, who want to build a “stronger economy” and promote “opportunity and aspiration”.

The following bills were included in the Queen’s Speech 2017:


  • legal...
Read more

SME confidence falls for first time in a year

Confidence among small businesses fell for the first time since the EU referendum back in June 2016, according to the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB).

The latest quarterly Small Business Index dropped 5 points, down from +20 in Q1 2017 to +15 in Q2. 

Operating costs for SMEs also increased sharply to 66% in Q2, up from 53% in the same period last year.

52% saw...

Read more

Workers missing out on pension top-up

More than 3 million people could be missing out on a pension top-up from their employer by failing to make a small contribution into their workplace pension scheme.

According to Royal London, many larger businesses offer valuable ‘matching’ contributions on workplace pensions.

The minimum contribution level to a workplace pension scheme is based on qualifying earnings. The rates...

Read more

Prioritise economy in Brexit talks, say business bodies

Leading business groups have called on the government to put “the economy first” as the UK begins Brexit negotiations with the European Union (EU) in Brussels today.

The letter is signed by the British Chambers of Commerce, Confederation of British Industry, the Institute of Directors, the EEF and the Federation of Small Businesses. 

The group calls for the final agreement...

Read more

Request call back

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.